***Highwood Curling Club will be adhering to all COVID-19 Protocols for the 2020-2021 Season***
The following Code of Conduct applies to all members, staff and guests of the Highwood Curling in the building or on the property: Infractions to the following Code of Conduct will be assessed by the Board of Directors and the more serious infractions could result in cancellation of membership privileges or other disciplinary action with or without a refund of fees:
• Any conduct considered threatening or harassing or that could threaten the physical or emotional safety of the individual exhibiting the behaviour or others will not be tolerated.
• Foul or abusive language will not be used at any time.
• Intoxication will not be tolerated. Bar tenders are expected to refuse service to anyone who exhibits behaviour that would suggest the person is intoxicated.
• Inappropriate expressions of anger are not acceptable.
• Any conduct that could result in damage to the property of the Highwood Curling is unacceptable.
• Members, staff and guests are expected to know and follow the safety guidelines as posted in the club.
CURLING ETIQUETTE - “SPORTSMANSHIP, COURTESY, RESPECT FOR OTHERS” Please follow these general rules of etiquette:
1. A curling game starts and ends with handshakes; introduce yourself and wish “Good Curling” to your opponent.
2. To keep our ice as clean and damage free as possible:
• Clean your shoes using the boot cleaner every time you enter the rink.
• Replace worn gripers regularly.
• Wear appropriate and clean footwear.
• Do not place your hands on the ice.
• Do not kneel or lie on the ice.
• Clean your broom head regularly each game over a garbage receptacle.
• Do not pick up the rock, unless you still use a backswing delivery.
3. To keep the game on time:
• Be ready to deliver your rock when it’s your turn.
• Front-end players should get the skip’s rock ready while the skip and vice are discussing the shot.
4. Leads and seconds should stand on the sideline, between the hoglines unless it is their team’s shot. Skips and vices should stand still and behind the backline when the opponents are shooting (OCA RULE).
5. The throwing team is responsible for catching deflecting rocks, (ie.sweepers), but the opposing skip or vice can help.
6. Only handle your own team’s rocks (do not set out rocks for your opponent).
7. Swearing and banging you broom at any time during the game is inappropriate. It disrupts other games.